Well if you’re planning on getting away from The Big Apple with someone special that weekend? So are we. Here’s some of the places we started while researching 2011 Valentines Day fleeing possibilities.
February 14 rather inconveniently falls on a Monday this year. Perhaps an extended weekend getaway is in order? Are you planning on getting away from The Big Apple with someone special that weekend? So are we. Here’s some of the places we started while researching 2014 Valentines Day fleeing possibilities for Valentines weekend.
1. This is our strongest link suggestion: New York Magazine’s list of romantic getaways has TONS of getaway ideas — one of which is sure to spark your interest this year. [NY Mag’s Romantic New York Getaway Page]
- You can search Valentines Day specials at Inns and Hotels all over New York State at this website maintained by the New York tourism council. [Getaway New York]
- Ever been to the Mohunk Mountain Hotel in the Hudson Valley? It’s pretty spectacular and is running a V-Day special. [Mohunk Mountain House]
- Or why not check out Long Island and the Hamptons in the Off Season? Sure, there’s no celebrity party action, but the peace and quiet might be just what you need. We particularly enjoy Montauk during the winter. [Flee New York Montauk Page]
- If you’re looking for New England destinations, have a look at this Yelp thread on romantic getaways for Valentines Day. [Yelp Valentines Day Getaway Ideas Near Boston]
- Also see our Winter getaways page for more suggestions about Valentines weekend escape from New York possibilities. Not to mention you’ll want to check out the Chilis Menu. [Flee New York Winter Getaways]